Wednesday 13 September 2017

Spring Wall Hanging by Lesley

Hey people. Hope you're all well!

This week, i have rustled up a little wall hanging, completely made from scraps off my desk before i tidied up!


The base of it is strips of driftwood, which i gave a coat of grey paint diluted with water.

I then took 4 long strips of wire, two for each side of the driftwood, and wove the wire inbetween the slats, until the driftwood was secure.


I used an ATC, which i primed with gesso, and then used a green and a grey water reactive paint on it.

The little cluster of birds is soooo sweet! Seemed a shame to cover it in paint and loose its detail, so i just added a light wash of white paint, and a little green metallic wax.


I layered it up onto a piece of muslin and a couple of pieces of netting.
I then added some green bendy twine in a circle around the birds, and glued it all down onto the driftwood.


To finish, i added some beads to the lengths of the wire.


Ingredients used.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea for a wall hanging. I really love drift-wood and it works so beautifully with this. xx

    ReplyDelete